Mobile phone (always called mobile) is undoubtedly one of the most significant inventions in this age. Some say it has ushered in a new era just like computers. Mobiles are used for keeping in touch with others at first. Nowadays mobiles have developed a variety of new functions, including gaming, photographing, surfing the net and so on. But have you ever given yourself an account that a group of people are suffering while you are enjoying the convenience of it?
You might ask who and how. I will responsibly reply to you: child predators have taken advantage of mobile phones to secretly communicate with children without the knowledge of their parents or teachers. This shows that every coin has two sides, and so does mobile.
Firstly let’ s study the following set of data:
- 36% of teen girls and 39 % of teen boys say it is common for nude or semi-nude photos to get shared with people other than the intended recipient.
- 71% of teen girls and 67% of teen guys say they have sent or posted sexually suggestive content to a boyfriend or girlfriend.
- 48% of teenagers say they have received such messages.
- 15% of teenagers who have sent or posted nude or seminude images of themselves say they have done so to someone they only knew online.
- 66% of teen girls and 60% of teen boys say they did so to be “fun or flirtatious”, which is their most common reason for sending sexy content.
This set of data proves best that mobiles provide a new nest for juvenile delinquency. Teenagers will be arrested for sexy pictures because a picture of a nude teenager is child pornography. It does not matter if they took the picture themselves or not, it is still child pornography. Unfortunately, not every teenager realizes that.
The behavior that teenagers sexting with others always puts themselves in a harmful way but they are in total ignorance. As parents, we can not allow matters to take their course without any measurement. It seems that one way to keep kids away from the poison of sexting is to monitor on their mobile phones.
Mobile spy software is a kind of tool helps parents know their children’ s activities by mobiles. As a type of parental control, you can know your kids’ real-time activities such as texting, calling and visiting sites. With mobile spy software you can log on to computer to examine the texting details, calls in and out, even the websites they visited by mobile. If you get any definite clue that your kids are abusing mobiles, take some actions such as talking to them to control the development of the events.
Currently there are laws protecting children from child porn. However, the strong arm of the law is not called upon to interfere until the evil has taken place. Why not nip the danger in the bud and save your kids much more detours? Protection and education are forever where parents’ duties lay.
Category: Learning Center and How tos